Who We Are
It is in our nature to rise above challenges and use them as a stepping stone to becoming a great company with a great legacy. Splice Construction believes that the melding of unique personalities and ideas gives us the ability to put it together - right - first time.
We constantly balance the holistic overarching approach to project management with a very methodical and detailed approach to design and engineering. With open minds, we look at problem-solving from several angles.
Our culture is based around a collaborative approach involving all members of the team. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail, we learn from our experiences and we commit to excellence in everything we do.
These aren't just a list of values plucked from thin air – these are the fundamental building blocks of us as people. How we do business is simply an extension of this.
- Holistic – we look at every project from a very broad angle and never in isolation.
- Open-minded – we have an open mind. This allows us to be flexible, innovative, and think differently.
- Methodical – our entire process is systematic and sequential. This allows us to be consistent in the delivery of our work.
- Detail focused – our attention to detail gives us the confidence to tackle any challenge; we know to cross our t's and dot our i's.
Challenge Us. And experience our values first-hand.
Health & Safety
Splice Construction has a high standard of Health and Safety, as well as environmental awareness and management. With the company's vast experience in large NZTA projects, we are well-entrenched into a health and safety culture. It's important to us that our team feels safe and they're happy to come to work each day.
Splice Construction has worked on New Zealand’s roads for more than 10 years, both as a main contractor and as a subcontractor. In this time, we have maintained high standards of health and safety, with no serious injuries or fatalities to date. We employ the following health and safety rules on all sites:
- Staff induction for all direct staff.
- Site induction for all staff on the project, including subcontractors.
- Competency assessments for all staff.
- Mandatory PPE requirements: hardhat, safety glasses, hi-viz vest, long sleeves, and pants. Lace-up high ankle steel cap work boots. Gloves for manual handling.
- Pre-start before work daily, including JSEA and Hazard ID.
- Vehicle pre-start daily.