Ready to join a team of hard-working, proactive people who enjoy a challenge?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operator/Labourer to work with us.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, you will perform various tasks related to all aspects of capital and routine works, including the operation of various plant and equipment for construction of civil projects and roading infrastructure.
You will also manage the team when directed to ensure all tasks are completed to the highest standard whilst also conducting the work in accordance with Company quality and health and safety management systems, policies and protocols. Your own work methods must be best practice and therefore of an acceptable safety standard always.
And you will keep heavy machinery and equipment clean and tidy and in safe working order, following all applicable Company policies.
As Machine operator your duties will include:
- Having an overview of site activities, supervising staff, to ensure cost control is maximised.
- Promoting health and safety best practice by leading by example, advising and coaching staff.
- Knowledge of the excavator loading requirements; load charts; critical picks and lifting devices
- Conducting daily Risk Assessments as required by the risk management framework.
- Completing daily toolbox meetings with appropriate staff making sure all are aware of what is required for the job and for health & safety.
- Ensuring that work is conducted in accordance with the Quality System.
We want someone who always gives their best, ensuring tasks are completed to the highest standard. You should be good at communicating with your team and flexible in your work because our jobs and hours are varied.
At Splice, we offer our staff competitive remuneration, plus additional benefits including tickets to Chiefs Rugby, Waikato BOP Magic Netball, Northern Districts Cricket, and many other community events.
So, if you are a positive, motivated team player who can hit the ground running, we would love to hear from you!
This is a full-time position.
Splice Construction workplaces are drug free. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close 30 November, 2021.